Fresh radishes and butter makes a sweet, peppery, crunchy treat on fresh bread. Several produce vendors at Beaverdale Farmers Market sell radishes; Mao’s Garden often has large white radishes for a milder flavor.
Kale Pesto (adapted from The Splendid Table
by Dogpatch Urban Gardens)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed (about 4 cups roughly chopped leaves)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ Cup sunflower microgreens
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more for the container
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients in a food processor & process until mixture is smooth. You may need to add water to get desired consistency. You may also want to add more salt and pepper.
The pesto will stay fresh (in a sealed container) in the fridge for about 5 days. You can also freeze it in an airtight container for about a month.